As a University of Minnesota instructor, do you sometimes struggle to figure out how to best serve students with disabilities in your courses? Do you sometimes wonder what is "required" and whether you have to do everything that a student asks you to do?
If you have questions about accommodations for a student in your class, please contact the Disability Resource Center Access Consultant listed on your student's accommodation letter. If you are interested in education on disability access, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 612.626.1333 and you will be directed to the appropriate staff person.
You are also welcome to access the following materials for training and discussion in your work unit:
- Creating Accessible and Inclusive Meetings and Events
- Service Dogs/Emotional Support Animals
- Creating Community in the Classroom
- Supporting Students with Short-Term Disabilities
- Guidelines for Implementing Accommodations Allowing for Enhanced Flexibility with Attendance, Assignments, and Exams
- Chemical Sensitivity (sign)
- Teaching with access and inclusion (links to a Google Doc)