COVID-19 and Communicating with the DRC
Thank you for visiting the Disability Resource Center website. During the COVID-19 period, we remain committed to supporting access for students, staff, faculty, and guests of the University of Minnesota community. Our staff are currently working remotely.
For the foreseeable future, the DRC will be holding all appointments and meetings by phone or video conference (Zoom or Google Hangout).
- If you are a student or staff person registered with the DRC, you may reach out directly to your access consultant by email.
- If you are an instructor seeking consultation regarding an accommodation for a student in your class and if you know who the student's access consultant is (on the bottom of the student's accommodation letter), you may contact the consultant by email. Please also refer to the DRC's FAQs for instructors, University of Minnesota's Keep-Teaching website, and specifically the site's Accessibility page for common questions and considerations when working with students with academic accommodations during this time.
- If you don’t know who to contact or need to use drop-in time, please reach out by email at email@example.com. If you need to reach out by phone, please call 612-626-1333 and leave a voicemail. Someone will return your call or respond by email as soon as we are able.
Hello and welcome to the University of Minnesota! We are glad you are here. The University of Minnesota values diverse identities and experiences, and honors disability as an important aspect of human diversity. The Disability Resource Center (DRC) works in partnership with students, faculty, staff, and guests of the University to eliminate or minimize barriers and facilitate inclusion on campus. The DRC collaborates with all members of the University community to improve access for people with disabilities in these ways:
- determining and implementing reasonable academic, workplace, and guest accommodations;
- providing education on access and inclusion;
- partnering with University offices to ensure meaningful physical and technological access
To contact us please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-626-1333 and leave a message.
Disability Resource Center Related Information
- Videos featuring the DRC
- Computer Accommodations Program
- Disability-related scholarships
Mission: Advancing Access For Everyone
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) mission statement encompasses the work of all the DRC staff.
We use the words:
Advancing - Because we believe that word incorporates the ideas of movement, innovation, and forward thinking.
Access - Because we believe that access is at the core of our work.
Everyone - Because we believe it is an inclusive word that emphasizes the importance of each individual (students, employees, and those of us who work for the Disability Resource Center).
Vision: Partnering with the University of Minnesota to create access by design
We use the following words...
Partnering with the University....
Because access is everyone's shared everyday work.
Because access is at the core of our work.
Because access must be intentional from plan (beginning) to product (end).