The physical access coordinator works with various departments and offices at the University of Minnesota to ensure optimal accessibility of our physical environment.
- Plan review for new or remodeled spaces.
- Specific accessibility-related modifications to existing spaces.
- Technical consultation University departments and offices wishing to improve the accessibility of their physical space.
- Investigation and correction of access problems to University property.
During this current heavy construction phase, the physical access coordinator is involved in ensuring access through and around construction zones within the University of Minnesota area.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact:
Physical Access Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (612) 624-1801
Physical Access Resources
A specialized curb-to-curb, on-campus transport service provided free of charge to people with either temporary or permanent physical disabilities.
- Van operates year round (except official University holidays), Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 9:30 pm
- Call 612-624-8338.
- Rides may be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Rides are scheduled to allow sufficient time for the shuttle to reach the destination. The first daily ride is 7:30 am and the last is 9:30 pm.
- For more information please visit Paratransit website.
The Disability Resource Center does not loan wheelchairs.
2505 University Avenue W # 1
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Jackson Medical Equipment
982 Thomas Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55104