The following testing materials are available in Disability Resource Center.
The Testing Center orders its Scantrons from the Office of Measurement Services. We have several scantrons available (shown below). If you or your department needs a different type of scantron, you will need to send them over to our department.
The testing center does not utilize blue books for exams. We provide students with lined paper.
CCTV: Allows student to zoom in or out on a page, as well as change the text and background color to best work with their visual acuity.
The exam will need to be provided in an alternate format so the student can access it. Examples:
- Large Print: enlarged text such as 18 point with bold font
- Kurzweil: A Text-to-Speech software program that uses a synthesized voice so the student can hear the exam as well as read it.
- Braille: Tactile text used by students who are Blind or have Low Vision.
- RTF: A Microsoft Word-based format that is compatible with most screen reader programs
Computer Applications Supported in and by the DRC Testing Center:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- A computer may be needed to:
- Type instead of hand-write answers,
- Use a screen-reader program such as Kurzweil or JAWS,
- Use a Voice-to-Text program to write answers such as Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Use a screen magnifier such as ZoomText
This accommodation is available for students that need assistance reading and/or writing exams.